💬 Translate this website 💬  

Pay Your Rent Report A Repair Apply For A Home Report ASB
Menu Icon Menu Icon South Liverpool Homes
MY SLH Search Icon

Scroll Icon

Supporting documents checklist

When you apply for a home online you will be asked to submit evidence of the following during the application process. Please ensure you have this evidence ready before beginning your application.

1. Proof of your right to rent

Both the lead and joint applicant (if applying for a joint tenancy) will need to provide: 

✔ A UK Passport (current or expired), or a document from the list below*. 

If you do not have a UK passport or equivalent you will need to supply TWO of the documents below:

✔ A birth or adoption certificate issued in the UK.

✔ A letter issued by a Government department or Local Authority that is no older than three months from the date it is presented.

✔ A UK or EEA driving licence.

✔ A letter from your employer confirming your employment status, national insurance number and your employer's address.

*If you do not have a UK passport we can accept one of the following: 

✔ A Republic of Ireland passport (current or expired).

✔ A current permanent residence card issued by the Home Office to an EEA or Swiss citizen.

✔ A biometric immigration document (current or expired) issued by the Home Office, which indicates that you can stay indefinitely in the UK. 

✔ A passport (current or expired) or other travel document, that shows you are exempt from immigration control and can stay indefinitely in the UK. 

✔ An immigration status document (current or expired) containing a photograph confirming the Home Office have endorsed your indefinite right to stay in the UK.

✔ A certificate of registration or naturalisation as a British Citizen.

2. Proof of national insurance numbers

We require proof of the national insurance numbers of ALL adults listed in the application. 

Proof of national insurance can be:

✔ Your national insurance number card

✔ A letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

✔ A P45 or P60

✔ A payslip

3. Proof of residence

Proof of residence will be required for ALL adults included in the application.

Examples of proof of residence include:

✔ Council tax bill

✔ A utility bill

✔ A letter from your bank or building society

✔ A letter from your doctor

✔ A letter of testimony from a UK passport holder

✔ A DBS (criminal record) check

✔ A pension letter

For CHILDREN one form of identification will be required. Examples include:

✔ Passport

✔ Birth certificate

✔ Benefits paperwork (Universal Credit or Child Benefit letter)

✔ Proof of access

Follow Us

Get In Touch

Click 'Choose files' below to upload images or documents

By clicking the submit button I agree that SLH will process and store my data in accordance with the privacy policy.

Visit our office

Call into our office or write to us:

South Liverpool Homes


Conleach Road


L24 0TY

Stay Connected

Be the first in the queue to receive our latest news in your inbox.

By clicking the submit button I agree that SLH will process and store my data in accordance with the privacy policy.

© 2024 South Liverpool Homes

South Liverpool Homes Limited is a charitable Community Benefit Society registered with the Financial Conduct Authority No.31210R and registered with the Regulator of Social Housing L4230. Registered office as above.

Privacy Notice

Accessibility Statement

View this website in other languages