Find out about bedroom sizes and how homes are allocated based on the needs of families.
The size of the home you will be matched against will depend on the people on your application. Our bedroom standards are in line with Government rules and each of the criteria below will entitle you to a bedroom.
- Couples who are married, have a civil partnership or who are cohabiting.
- Adults aged 16 years or more.
- Single or a pair of adolescents aged 11-16 years of the same gender.
- Single or a pair of children aged 1-10 years regardless of gender.
- An adult or child who cannot share due to a disability or medical condition, or due to fostering arrangements being facilitated by the local authority.
- An overnight carer for any usual household member, if the carer isn’t a usual household member
- An approved foster carer who is between placements, but only for up to 52 weeks from the end of the last placement
- A new approved foster carer for up to 52 weeks of approval if no child has been placed with the applicant’s household during that time.
Under-occupancy is when a home has spare bedrooms that are not required by the family for any of the reasons above.
SLH will consider under-occupying homes by one extra bedroom if at the time of allocation the applicant can prove they can afford to meet the full rent.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes