Tenants tell us how we can improve our repair service
Published: 3 October 2023
We know how important it is to you that our repairs service is reliable and that the standard of work is of good quality.
In September this year, we held a focus group with tenants who weren’t satisfied with the repairs they received.
We listened to their experiences which they shared directly with SLH staff, including SLH’s Director of Assets & Development, so that we can improve how we deliver this service to you.
Here are some of the things you told us:
- Communicate better after an inspection of the job has been completed or if the operative needs to visit again to complete the job, we call this ‘follow on works.’
- When multiple trades are needed to do the repair, for example, a plasterer or a painter to make the room good again, this process needs to be seamless without the need for the customer to chase it up.
- Ensure that the operative has a good understanding of the job before they arrive, so that they have the right tools and equipment and the right person with the necessary skills attends to the job.
- Good experience of using the emergency repairs service, it’s reliable and effective.
- Positive experience with plumbing works, the majority found that they had little issues with this kind of work.
We are using your feedback to look at ways of improving our repairs service and are looking to carry out more focus groups on repairs so that we can get a deeper understanding of any issues you are facing. Are you interested in being part of one? If so, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes