Welcome back to The Market Place!
Published: 17 May 2021
We are pleased to let you know that The Market Place, our community shop which offers food and essential household goods for tenants, will reopen on Tuesday 18 May 2021.
The shop has been closed since the start of the pandemic and we know many of you have been keen to see it open again. It is important that we open the shop in the safest way possible for our customers, volunteers and colleagues and have made some changes to how you shop.
In order to reduce the number of customers in the shop at one time, all members have been allocated a specified date and time slot to visit until further notice. We ask that you only visit the shop during your allocated time, so we can ensure that waiting time is kept to a minimum.
To ensure everyone can shop safely and securely, we ask that you follow these rules:
- Wear a mask at all times: This includes inside The Market Place and when queuing to enter the shop, unless you are exempt.
- Maintain a two-metre distance between yourself and other: This includes when you are queuing to enter and whilst inside the shop.
- Visit The Market Place on your own where possible: Only one person per household will be able to enter the shop.
- A maximum of six people will be allowed to enter The Market Place at any one time.
- Have the exact change with you if possible: We are trying to reduce the amount of cash that our volunteers have to handle for their safety.
- Bring along your membership card: This has your membership number on, which you were allocated when you signed up for The Market Place. If you do not know your membership number, please contact us beforehand via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Become a member
If you would like to become a member of The Market Place, you can either email us at email@example.com or complete our online application form.
Once we approve your membership you can then go along to the shop on your allotted day with your card and in exchange for £3 you will be able to choose goods to the approximate value of £15.
We look forward to seeing you!
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes
Our office is currently closed in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in our communities. Please see our coronavirus advice page for alternative ways to get in touch.