Help us the name the roads at our Hale Road development
Published: 4 February 2021
Construction work at the Hale Road cottages development, which comprises of 17 bungalows and the refurbishment of three Grade II listed cottages, is well underway.
As part of the development, two new cul-de-sacs will be created, and we need your help to name these roads!
Names that make the shortlist and meet the criteria below will be sent to Liverpool City Council on Friday 12 February, for them to make the final decision.
If your road name is chosen, we will let you know as soon as we hear.
Criteria for naming a road
- It is recommended that proposed names are linked either historically to the site or community
- The name of any person, living or deceased, is not allowed, except in exceptional circumstances
- There must be no duplication or partial duplication of any existing street names within the Liverpool City boundary and also within any post code areas (e.g. L9, L20) which cross the city boundary.
- Avoid giving streets similar names within the same locality
- Avoid street names likely to cause offence to members of the public or a name easily modified on a street nameplate to cause such offence
- The prefix “The” or names comprising more than one word may be rejected so as to avoid confusion, particularly in an emergency
- Avoid names of companies / brands etc
- Avoid names with religious connotations
Thanks for your help, we’re looking forward to seeing your ideas!
The cottages and bungalows will be allocated to applicants in priority and date order. If you are not already on our waiting list please apply via the Think South Liverpool website.
Please follow our website and social media channels for further updates on this exciting project.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes
Our office is currently closed in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in our communities. Please see our coronavirus advice page for alternative ways to get in touch.