New Merseyside restrictions - no change to our services
Published: 1 October 2020
As Merseyside enter further restrictions today, we want to let you know that there are no changes to our services, and we will continue to operate as we have been doing over the last few months.
Visiting your homes to carry out repairs
Since the start of the pandemic, the safety of our customers and colleagues has been our number one concern. Working with Avela Home Service, we’ve got robust processes in place to ensure that any work we carry out in your home is done so in the safest possible way. We continue to do this by:
- Asking if anyone is displaying Covid-19 symptoms, has had a recent positive test or is self-isolating before we enter your home.
- Wearing the appropriate PPE, including FFP3 grade face masks which meet the guidance from the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- Disinfecting all surfaces we have worked on with antibacterial wipes.
- Taking away all items on completion of works and disposing of them in the correct manner.
- Asking you to stay in a separate room, where possible, whilst we carry out work in your home.
Compliance safety checks
Compliance checks are visits to your home to keep you safe, such as to check your gas appliances or to complete electrical safety checks. It’s a legal requirement for all landlords to complete these checks and this hasn’t changed throughout Covid-19. Your tenancy agreement states that you must allow SLH’s contractors access to your home for these checks. If you are self-isolating, we will delay the check for 14 days. If you live alone and test positive, we will delay the check for 10 days. If you have any concerns about allowing us access, it’s important that you call us on 0330 303 3000 and choose option 1 so we can put measures in place to complete any required checks safely. Please remember, compliance checks are ways of keeping you, your household and your neighbours safe.
Our Speke office
Our office in Speke is still closed to protect customers and colleagues, especially as the rate of infection is very high in the area. Although the office is closed, we are still very much open for business as colleagues continue to work from home. Here are some of the ways you can get in touch with us:
- Message us on mySLH. Go to southliverpoolhomes.co.uk/mySLH
- Chat to us on webchat. Go to southliverpoolhomes.co.uk
- Call us on 0330 303 3000 and choose the appropriate option
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct message us on Facebook or Twitter
Let’s work together
Now more than ever it’s important for us to work together to ensure we can continue to carry out services to you whilst keeping you and your families safe.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes
Our office is currently closed in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in our communities. Please see our coronavirus advice page for alternative ways to get in touch.