Helping you to get involved
We really appreciate everyone who gives up their time to help us improve our services and want to make it as easy as possible for you to get involved.
We also understand that you will need training to take part in some of the engagement activities such as Scrutiny Panel and Board Membership. This training will give you a better understanding of the services we provide as well as giving you the knowledge and confidence to take part in the activity.
Board member training
We are committed to ensuring Board members’ time is as productive and effective as possible. Therefore, we offer full training and support to help members carry out their duties so that they can make a positive contribution to the strategic direction of SLH.
Anyone interested in becoming a board member will be given:
- The opportunity to observe a board meeting to gain a greater understanding of what happens
- A full induction to the role
- Access to training and development if required
- Access to IT facilities to help carry out their duties
- Shadowing opportunities to gain further knowledge of how different teams at SLH operate
- An annual appraisal to help identify strengths and weaknesses
Other training opportunities may take place across other engagement activities as and when required.
You won't be out of pocket
We will reimburse travel expenses and cover child care costs where applicable and with some activities we will offer incentives as a thank you for giving up your time.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes
Our office is currently closed in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in our communities. Please see our coronavirus advice page for alternative ways to get in touch.