What is Universal Credit?
Universal Credit is the new payment that has been introduced by the Department of Work & Pensions (DWP).
If you claim any of the benefits below you need to be clued up about Universal Credit as it will affect you.
- Income-based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Housing Benefit
- Child Tax Credit
- Working Tax Credit
- Income Support
What are the main changes?
- You’ll get one single payment, paid monthly in arrears. This will include your living costs, housing costs (this is a payment made to you to cover your rent) and childcare costs if you have children.
- If you’re in a couple, you will both have to submit a claim online and only one of you will receive the payment for both of you.
- You are responsible for paying your rent directly to SLH.
- Your Universal Credit payment is paid into your bank account
- You will be expected to make and manage your claim online.
Our dedicated website gives you information about how you can prepare now for Universal Credit so that you are in the know when you make a claim. It also gives you information about what happens when you make a claim and includes some useful tips from our friendly neighbours such as Rachel, Paul and Aneta.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes
Our office is currently closed in order to help prevent the spread of coronavirus in our communities. Please see our coronavirus advice page for alternative ways to get in touch.