Closing Date: 08/07/2022 00:00:00
Board Member x 3
Remuneration: £4,800 per annum
Location of meetings: most meetings will be held at the SLH offices: Parklands, Conleach Road, Speke, Liverpool, L24 0TY.
Time commitment: we anticipate a time commitment of one and a half days per month
Term: appointments are made for an initial three-year term
Closing Date: 5pm Friday 8 July 2022
Our vision is Great homes. Strong communities. Bright futures.
This vision supports our mission to provide homes and services to those in need. As a social landlord and a major stakeholder in the communities where we work, it is our duty to tackle societal issues, closing the gap on the multiple inequalities that our communities face. Fundamental to this is the provision of good quality housing that people are proud to call their home.
About our Board
Our Board is collectively responsible for ensuring the success of the organisation and our continued compliance with all legal and regulatory obligations through an effective challenge and control environment. As a Board Member, you will contribute to this collective responsibility by supporting effective strategic leadership and control of SLH; always acting in the best interest of our organisation.
Who are we looking for?
As part of our Board succession plan, we are looking for three new Board Members to help us shape and take forward our recently launched 2022-2027 corporate plan which will ensure our continued focus on the issues and priorities that are important to our communities, customers, and stakeholders
We are looking for people that can bring diversity of thinking, who care about our purpose, and can fully support our values and commitment to our customers. We particularly welcome applications from a younger age demographic, women, disabled and Black and ethnic minority candidates as these groups are currently unrepresented on our board. Your input, challenge, and perspective will be invaluable in ensuring the interests of all areas of our community are represented and reflected in the decisions we make.
We are particularly keen to strengthen our Board with the following knowledge, skills and experience from a range of sectors:
- A sound understanding of the Speke & Garston communities and their needs and aspirations. With the ability to champion those needs and stay abreast of local and national issues and changes that might impact on our customers and communities.
- Professional expertise in strategic asset management, property development and zero carbon reduction.
Strong community networks and a good understanding of the South Liverpool social, political, and operating environment will be a specific requirement for one of these roles but advantageous for all.
Previous Board experience is not essential. You will be supported by a strong induction and an agreed learning and development plan which will be subject to regular review.
- 4-5 Board meetings per year
- 2-3 Board strategy or training days per year
- 4-5 Committee meetings per year (if required)
- We anticipate a time commitment of one and a half days per month
- Appointments are made for an initial three-year term
How to apply
Review the recruitment pack here.
- an up-to-date CV which shows your full career history (explaining any gaps) we recommend that this is no longer than three pages
- a covering letter with a supporting statement detailing the reasons you want to join our board and the potential contribution you would bring. It is important that your covering letter highlights supporting evidence of how your previous experience and skills relate to the criteria outlined in the recruitment pack. We recommend that this should be a maximum of two pages.
- The combined compliance and equal opportunities form linked here; completion of the equalities section is optional and for monitoring purposes in line with our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion. Completion will not affect the outcome of your application.
Please note that applications can only be considered if all the documentation is completed
Once complete please submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8 July 2022
W/C 8 August 2022
W/C 5 September 2022
22 September 2022
Invited to observe board meeting. Recruitment appointments approved by SLH Board
Please indicate on your covering letter if you cannot attend any of the interview dates detailed above.
For further information about this exciting opportunity please download the recruitment pack here. If, having read the recruitment pack, you would like an informal and confidential discussion about this opportunity, please contact Governance Manager, Caroline Bates: Caroline.Bates@southliverpoolhomes.co.uk 07741249887
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes