We need your compliments, suggestions and complaints
Our aim is to delight you with the service we provide. To ensure that we achieve this it is important that we know what you think about the services you receive.
A complaint is usually about poor service. This could be because we have done something wrong, failed to do something we should have done or because you feel you weren’t treated in the right way.
A suggestion is a way of telling us how we can improve or an idea for a new service or product. We welcome suggestions as a way of improving.
If you want to make a positive comment about something we have done, then we will treat this as a compliment. Compliments help us to identify what we are doing well and we share all compliments with the relevant member of staff or team.
Other ways to give your feedback
We want to make it as easy as possible for you to give us your feedback. You can give your feedback in a number of ways including:
Face to face, with any SLH colleague.
By telephone on 0330 303 3000
We aim to provide an excellent service to all of our customers, however, we recognise that we may not always get things right. We value complaints as they help to highlight issues we may not have been aware of. When this happens, we will investigate and resolve the issue practically, learn from the experience and change the way we do things to ensure that it doesn't happen again.
Complaints do not include:
- First time reports of neighbour disputes or about anti social behaviour
- Where you are currently taking legal action against SLH about the same issue
- A service or issue you have experienced which is over six months old
- A first time request for a repair to your home.
Who can make a complaint?
Anyone who receives a service from us can make a complaint. We understand that you may be unable, or reluctant, to make a complaint yourself. We accept complaints from advocates, for example, friends or family acting on your behalf with your permission. We will also investigate complaints from customers who wish to remain anonymous.
How do we deal with your complaint?
Tell us if you are not happy with a service you have received. We will ask you what we can do to put the situation right and try and sort the problem out straight away. Where we cannot do this or where you are not happy for us to do this, we will handle your complaint formally.
Support available from the Housing Ombudsman Service
You can contact the Housing Ombudsman at any time whilst a complaint is going through our complaints process for advice. This leaflet provides further information for you about the Housing Ombudsman and how they can help you.
Our formal complaints procedure has two stages:
- Investigation - We will acknowledge your complaint within two workings days and fully respond within 10 working days. The service manager or head of service will respond to your complaint.
- Review - We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and fully respond within 20 working days. The Complaints Review Panel (which includes an SLH Board member and an SLH Director) will respond to your complaint.
If we can’t meet the timescales above, we will aim to tell you in advance and agree a revised date with you.
More about the complaints process
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes