How we are performing against our targets
Our latest performance information highlights how we have performed over the last month about matters that are of most concern to our tenants. The quality of our services are measured against targets that have been set and approved by the Board. If we do not meet our targets we seek to find out why they have not been met and how we can meet them in the future.
Performance October 2023
How are we performing?
We asked our Tenant Scrutiny Panel members to review the performance information we report to you. After reviewing, the panel decided to report on these five performance measures, which they felt were the most important to tenants.
Overall satisfaction with repairs service
- Target: 93%
- Performance: 93%
When a tenant has a day-to-day repair completed by us, we send a text message survey to a selection of randomly selected tenants to find out whether they were happy with the service they received.
Homes with annual gas safety check (LGSR) completed
- Target: 100%
- Performance: 100%
LGSRs are the certificates which show a home has had a valid gas safety check. SLH must by law service the gas appliances in all our homes every year. You must allow us into your home each year to carry out a gas check.
Satisfaction with anti-social behaviour case handling
- Target: 92%
- Performance: 84%
When a customer reports an incident of ASB to us, we investigate and look to resolve the problem. When the case is closed, we check to make sure they are happy with how we handled the case.
Overall satisfaction with planned maintenance service
- Target: 99%
- Performance: 100%
When a tenant has planned maintenance completed in their home, such as a kitchen or bathroom replacement, we survey a random sample when this work is completed, to ensure they are happy with the service they have received. We use this information to help improve our services.
Average number of days to re-let empty homes
We measure the number of days it takes to re-let a home after it becomes empty, to ensure that our re-let process is as efficient as possible and that we are keeping re-let times to a minimum.
- Target: 30 days
- Performance: 23 days
How do we compare with other landlords?
You can also compare how SLH is performing against other landlords in the area and by the services offered at the Regulator of Social Housing website.
Tenant Satisfaction Measures
Information about the 12 tenant satisfaction measures that we ask you about.
Following the publication of the Social Housing White Paper in 2020, the Regulator of Social Housing worked with tenants and other stakeholders to produce a new set of Tenant Satisfaction Measures (TSMs), to better reflect what is important to tenants and standardise the gathering of satisfaction data across the housing sector.
There are 22 TSMs, 10 of which are measured directly by landlords, including building safety measures, with the remaining 12 measured through tenant perception surveys. These 12 measures are what we ask our market research provider, IFF Research, to survey our customers about.
The 12 measures that we ask you about are:
- Overall satisfaction: Taking everything into account, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the service provided by your landlord?
- Repairs to your home: Has your landlord carried out a repair to your home in the last 12 months? If yes, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the overall repairs service from your landlord over the last 12 months?
- How long it takes to repair your home: Has your landlord carried out a repair to your home in the last 12 months? If yes, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with the time taken to complete your most recent repair after you reported it?
- A well-maintained home: How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your landlord provides a home that is well-maintained?
- A safe home: Thinking about the condition of the property or building you live in, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your landlord provides a home that is safe?
- Listening to tenants: How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your landlord listens to your views and acts upon them?
- Keeping tenants informed: How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your landlord keeps you informed about things that matter to you?
- Treating tenants fairly and with respect: To what extent do you agree or disagree with the following? My landlord treats me fairly and with respect.
- How complaints are handled: Have you made a complaint to your landlord in the last 12 months? If yes, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your landlord’s approach to complaints handling?
- Communal areas: Do you live in a building with communal areas, either inside or outside, that your landlord is responsible for maintaining? If yes, how satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your landlord keeps these communal areas clean and well-maintained?
- Your local area: How satisfied or dissatisfied are you that your landlord makes a positive contribution to your neighbourhood?
- Anti-social behaviour: How satisfied or dissatisfied are you with your landlord’s approach to handling anti-social behaviour?
The Regulator of Social Housing requires all registered providers of social housing to collect and report annually on their performance. We will keep you updated on our performance when we submit this information to the Regulator in May 2024.
Visit our office
Call into our office or write to us:
South Liverpool Homes